Taking Energy Savings to a New Level
If you are looking to cut energy cost, heat & cool your home with a single unit, then a heat pump might be for you. Modern heat pumps are highly energy-efficient, versatile and come designed for Canadian weather.
- 2-4 x times more efficient than a furnace or boiler*
- Heating & cooling with a single unit
- Standalone or integrated with an existing furnace
- Long product lifespan, up to xy years
- Compact equipment footprint
- Ideal when retrofitting or switching away from oil
Qualify for up to $5000 in Rebates. Plus, get $600 as an assessment rebate.
How Does a Heat Pump Work?
The vast majority of heat pump installations in Canada are what is called electric ‘air-to-air’ heat pumps.
These extract heat from the outside air in the winter and transfer it to the indoors. Conversely in the summer, they extract heat from the indoors and pump it outside.
How can a heat pump extract heat in the winter?
Even during frigid Canadian winters, the outside air contains thermal energy.
- The refrigerant of the heat pump’s closed loop system absorbs this latent thermal energy.
- The refrigerant is then converted to vapour and passes through a compressor that heats up the vapour.
- This heat is released to the indoor air, turning the vapour back into liquid in the process.
- The cycle repeats.
Heat Pump Specific Testimonial
Cold Climate Heat Pump
Especially made for Canadian weather, the Mitsubishi Cold Climate Heat Pumps deliver year-round comfort with exceptional heating in the winter and effortless cooling in the summer. It’s equipped with hot-start technology to provide warmth from the moment it’s turned on, helping to reduce drafts.
- Capacity?; suitable for a variety of home sizes
- High-end performance and efficiency
- Whole-house solution for centrally ducted systems
- Super-quiet operation, space-saving design
- Ideal when switching away from gas
- Eligible for NRCan’s Greener Homes Rebate of up to $5000.
Hybrid Heat Pump
The MITS AIR™ Hybrid Heat Pump system provides heating and cooling for any home or small application, in conjunction with an existing furnace or fan coils. It features ultra quiet operation (down to 55 dB(A)), has a SEER of up to 20.5 and uses environmentally-friendly refrigerant.
- 12,000 to 48,000 BTU/h
- Economically priced, energy-efficient operation
- Slim, ultra-quiet, easy-to-use
- Ideal for integration with an existing gas furnace or fan coils
- NOT eligible for NRCAN’s Greener Home Rebate program
Want to Learn More? Chat With Us.